Sunday, October 21, 2007

Legacy of the Warior

Happy Sunday, everyone. I just got back from church...well, actually Subway (we ate lunch), and had a good time. Steve (our pastor; he has a BLOG) was wrapping up a series called 'Warriors.' It was all about men and how God designed us with the heart of a spiritual warrior, and how we should lead our familes (or in some of our cases, such as mine, future families) spiritualy. Here's three things that us men need to always know and say about ourselves.

1. I am a warrior in the army of my God
2. I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity.
3. I am a WARRIOR.
4. When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing.

Then here's something I found clever, but completely true.

Active Duty: Serving the Lord faithfully, daily, and on duty 24-7.
Reserve Status: Serving only when called upon once or twice a year: Christmas and Easter.
Guard Duty: Backing up the Active Duty Group
AWOL: Absent With The Lord.

What status are you? We should all strive to become completely active in the Lord's army. You know that song you used to sing in children's church when you were younger?

I may never march in the infantry,
fly in the Calvary,
shoot the artillery,
I may never zoom toward the enemy,
but I'm in the LORD's army.

I'm in the LORD's army (yessir!)
I'm in the LORD's army (yessir!)

You remember the song. So, yes, I am active with the Lord, and my life has never been better.

Anyway, just wanted to write on the that subject. I went to bed around three last night, and got up at eight this morning, so I'm tired. I'm going to the High School chruch group tonight at six, so I better get a nap in so I'm not all falling asleep and stuff, you know?

Anyway, I'm gonna go do that, and maybe play some Animal Crossing. See ya.

-Matt

No comments: